Title: Pilot FW DHC-8 PC
Location: United States
Job Number: 13888
AAR Corporation has career opportunities for aviation professionals with DHC-8 experience to support our Worldwide Aviation Support Services (WASS) program in a CONUS location. Qualified candidates must be US Citizens able to obtain a security clearance (preference for cleared candidates).
Serves as DHC-8 Pilot in Command and, when required, as Second in Command. Plan flight assignments and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids.
– Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
– Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable).
– Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
– Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of agent. Ensure that carry-on baggage is placed in cargo area, if required. Determine that aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits, prepare Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form and ensure that a copy of each Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form is delivered to the Operation Support Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
– Ensure survival equipment and any special emergency equipment such as life vests are aboard (when required).
– Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
– Ensure the preparation of the Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form, reporting of mechanical irregularities, discrepancies and proper recording of maintenance by maintenance personnel, when maintenance is performed away from the principle operations base.
– Responsible for safety and assuring ramp security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
– Ensure security assessments are made prior to each flight and rules of engagement (ROE) are understood.
– Maintain adequate rest and proper dress.
– Delegate functions to other personnel, but retains overall responsibility.
– Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
– Performs routine travel OCONUS and occasionally within the CONUS as required.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– This role requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
– High school diploma or GED.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
– 1,500 total fixed wing flight hours including
– 500 hours of turbine engine time, and 750 hours MEL pilot in command.
– Unrestricted type rating.
– FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate Airplane MEL.
– FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
– Current FAA Class II Medical certificate.
– Successful completion of FAA Type Rating Course in the selected type required before assignment
– Prior US Military FW Transport pilot qualified and/or support on the DoS INL/A program.
– FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
AAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.