Our pilots provide safe and efficient air travel across an expansive network serviced by a fleet of Boeing 787, 737NG and 737MAX aircraft. At WestJet, you’ll discover opportunities to grow your roots with an established and respected airline. We offer an exciting career with stability and development. Under our wing, you can count on flexible scheduling and a competitive savings plan to set you up for the long-haul.
WestJet First Officer (737) minimum experience and qualifications:
* Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL)
* Minimum 1500 hours total time
* Minimum 500 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time
* Minimum 500 hours multi-crew experience
* Valid Transport Canada Group 1 Instrument Rating
* Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical Certificate
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport
* All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
* Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
* Oral and written proficiency in English
* Clear police background and criminal record check
* Offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
** Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Scheduled airline, military flight experience, glass cockpit, FMS, post-secondary education, and proficiency in a second language are considered assets.