Instructor Operator – NET
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators, and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Air Systems business area. VisitTextronSystems.com&Lycoming.comto read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
This role is large amount of travel – you can be located anywhere in the US but required to travel.
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for serving as flight instructors for the Shadow UAS are required to provide flight, classroom, hands on, and simulation instruction in support of the US Army’s mission at various locations throughout the United States.
99. Lead classroom instruction for up to 30 students on new system upgrades and changes.
99. Operate both the MUSE and UMS as an instructor.
99. Conducts live flight operations as an instructor. This includes RL progression, Delta training, system upgrades, C4I, and any additional items as deemed necessary IAW the training curriculum.
99. Maintains records of training activities, student progress, and flight information.
99. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
99. May provide leadership and evaluation for other instructors, as assigned.
99. Stays current with new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
99. Maintain current knowledge (currency) of all equipment and software utilized on the Shadow UAS.
99. Minimum 2 years’ experience and/or 200 flight hours on the Shadow UAS system.
99. Qualified on Shadow RQ-7Bv2
99. Instructor/Operator (IO) designation earned at either Ft Huachuca or certified by Army Aviation’s Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES).
99. Strong interpersonal, coaching, and teaching skills.
99. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
99. Experience with the U.S. Army Aviation or other Government contracting agencies.
99. Experience and in depth understanding of Army regulations to include AR 95-1, TC 3-04.11, and AR95-10.
99. Must be able to ascend and descend stairs; stand for an extended period of time up to at least 120 minutes and walk at least 100 meters across uneven or unpaved surfaces.
99. Must be willing to travel extensively, up to 10 months out of the year.
99. Must be able to obtain and maintain a flight physical per AR 95-1.
99. Must be able to satisfactorily complete all evaluations to include oral academic evaluations, no-notice evaluations, Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES), proficiency flight evaluations (PFEs), and Standardization Flight Evaluations (SFE) per AR 95-1.
99. High School Graduate, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or work/military experience.
99. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
99. Prior instructor experience either on a NET team, GOCO team, or instructor at the Shadow Schoolhouse (Fort Huachuca, AZ).
99. Prior deployment and operation of the Shadow RQ-7Bv2
99. Familiarity with ISO- certified Quality Management System.
99. Current active US Secret Clearance.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Flight Operations
Primary Location US-Utah-Dugway
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 310912