UAS Flight Instructor (Gray Eagle)
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’sAir Systemsbusiness area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
Individuals serving as flight instructors (Gray Eagle MQ-1C) are required to provide flight and simulation instruction in support of the US Army’s UAS Training Battalion located at Ft Huachuca, AZ. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex flight and simulations training programs.
2. Establishes and reviews course content as required.
3. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and flight information.
4. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
5. May provide leadership and evaluation for other instructors, as assigned.
6. Stays current with new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
7. Maintains current knowledge (currency) of all equipment and software utilized by our customer to provide training.
8. Participates in special projects within the scope of the Performance Work Statement (PWS), as required.
9. May be required to operate/instruct any of the customer’s UAS platforms, based on customer’s training throughput (surge)
Qualifications – External
99. Minimum 4 years’ experience within the last 5 years’ (Documented in Flight records/addressed on resume) on either Gray Eagle MQ-1C or Shadow RQ-7B UAS.
99. Must have at least 200 hours on the Gray Eagle, 20 hours of which, must be as an aircraft Commander (AC).
99. Strong interpersonal, coaching and team building skills
99. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
99. Experience with the U.S. Army Aviation or other Government contracting agencies
99. Must be able to ascend and descend stairs; stand for an extended period of time up to at least 50 minutes and walk at least 100 meters across uneven or unpaved surfaces
99. Must be a US Citizen
99. Rotational shift work is required; typically, 24/5 coverage, with rotations based on work section requirements
99. Instructor/Operator (IO) designation, earned at either Ft Huachuca or certified by Army Aviation’s Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES)
99. Prior TRADOC experience; Instructor/Operator hours in training environment preferred; multi-platform quals preferred
99. Prior deployment and operation of the platform applying to instruct
99. Familiarity with ISO- certified Quality Management System
99. Current active US Secret Clearance
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Flight Operations
Primary Location US-Arizona-Fort Huachuca
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 306874