At WestJet Encore, our pilots create a memorable travel experience for our guests while working among one of Canada’s most admired and respected corporate cultures. Our pilots provide safe and efficient air travel across an expansive network serviced by a fleet of Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop aircraft. In addition, they are team-oriented providing leadership to our flight crews while being a brand ambassador of WestJet’s corporate values.
Key Deliverables include:
- The ability to follow standard operating procedures: ensuring the safety of our crew and guests
- Lead by example, demonstrating honesty and integrity
- The ability to work within a dynamic team environment and communicate effectively
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to the changing demands of the operation and business
- Professional and committed to upholding WestJet values
Experience and Qualifications:
* Minimum 250 hours total time
* Minimum 100 hours fixed-wing pilot-in-command time
* Valid Transport Canada Group 1 Instrument Rating
* Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical Certificate
* Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL)
* Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) is preferred
* Completion of either the IATRA or the SAMRA and SARON. (Exams must be valid)
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Current valid passport and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport
* All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
* Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
* Clear police background and criminal record check
* Offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
* Oral and written proficiency in English
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Multi-engine, multi crew, internal WestJet experience, total time greater than 1000 hours and graduation from one of our partnerships schools are considered assets.
WestJet Encore supports a Pilot-in-Command Under Supervision (PICUS) program for First Officers who hold a CPL to accrue PICUS flight time and experience. First Officers may carry out 200 hours in Encore aircraft for a maximum credit of 100 hours PICUS towards ATPL requirements as detailed in CAR 421.11.