Aerosonde External Pilot(Blackstone, VA)
Who We Are:
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Unmanned Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role:
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
* Will serve as an Aerosonde External Pilot crewmember in support of training and sustainment operations. Duties could include maintenance, training, instruction and logistical tasks in support of the Aerosonde SUAS
* Additional duties will include emplacement / displacement / inspection / disposition / repair and replenishment of associated equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks, flight records, and COLTS
* Perform as a Subject Matter Expert for operator and maintenance related issues
* Primary duties could possibly require travel, both domestically and internationally including deployments and training exercises
* Provide operational support for the Aerosonde SUAS both domestically and internationally during deployments and/or training exercises
* Safely and effectively perform as an Aerosonde External Pilot, Aircraft Operator, Flight Crew Chief, and Maintenance Technician 1 in groups or independently with minimal or no supervision, including flight and ground equipment setup/maintenance as well as logs and records
* Coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations
* Directly interface with current and future customers both domestically and internationally
* Will be required to work odd shifts, weekends, and/or extended hours
* Responsible for data management and generation
* Provides general logistics functions
* Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determine technical solutions
How We Care:
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
* Minimum requirement is that the candidate has 4 years of RC, UAS External Pilot or Model Aircraft competition experience
* Manned aviation or UAS experience is required
* FAA licenses or certificates such as private pilot, commercial pilot, instrument rating, CFI, CFI-I, A&P
* Prior qualification as an Aerosonde or other tactical UAS Operator or Maintainer is highly desired
* Prior military service a desired plus
* Consideration will be given to candidates with a strong training or instructional background in addition to aviation experience
* Successful completion of the Aerosonde Initial Qualification Training Course for both the operator and maintenance roles is a condition of continued employment on this program
* Ability to coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills and networking are required
* Strong attention to detail in administrative requirements and reporting accuracy required
* Must communicate effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing and possess strong leadership skills
* Relocation to VA required
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Flight Operations
Primary Location US-Virginia-Blackstone
Recruiting Company Textron Systems
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 305887