Job Description: Chief Pilot
Premier is a full-service aviation company providing superior customer service and a full complement of aviation services across three distinct divisions: Premier Private Jets (Charter Operation), Premier Aviation Services, LLC (Aircraft Maintenance FAR Part 145 and AOG), and Premier Jet Services (FBO in Waterford, MI). We are looking for enthusiastic and proven leaders for the position of Chief Pilot with a passion for aviation, who have initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Chief Pilot is responsible for managing all activities pertaining to the company’s Pilots. This includes recruiting, initial, and recurrent training, aircraft currency/proficiency and aircraft operating standards. Responsibilities also include career path management for the Pilot workforce and training to ensure operating requirements are met. The Chief Pilot will prioritize and distribute additional duties and projects as necessary to the Pilot team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead pilot team and oversee operations of the flight department.
* Provide leadership for training & development in support of company vision and business goals.
* Function as Pilot in Command (PIC) for all types of aircraft used by company, occasional evening or weekend hours as needed
* Ensure compliance data integrity and security of all systems (safety, quality, etc), policies and procedures, as well as federal and state laws and regulations, including federal/international aviation regulations.
* Coordinate with maintenance and dispatch to maintain operational control
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Part 135 FAR regulations.
* Team player with a mission minded mentality.
* Fluent in English Language
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
* Competitive salary
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* 401K Match
* Additional pay for Holidays
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Must meet 14 CFR Part 119.69 to serve as Chief Pilot
* 8000 hours total time
* 3500 hours PIC
* First Class Medical
* 5 years airline operations experience
* 3 years supervisor experience
* No accidents, incidents, violations, or DUI/DWI
* Airline transport pilot license
* Abilities to work evening, weekends and holidays as needed
* Type rating HS– 125, BE 400, C 500, 550 and 525