Hawaiian Airlines is pleased to announce that we are hiring First Officers to join our Flight Crew.
We are excited to announce an increase to first year pay to $81/hour for all First Officers at Hawaiian Airlines effective April 1, 2022. This increase to first year pay complements the outstanding career opportunities that Hawaiian continues to offer its pilot team members with a fleet of narrow body, long-range narrow body, and wide body aircraft that afford our crew members growth, advancement, and exceptional earnings opportunity.
Additionally, we are offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus for those who are selected to join our ‘ohana in beautiful Hawaii.
* First Officer Responsibilities*
Pilots navigate the flight of multi-engine aircraft in regularly scheduled service within the United States and international destinations for the transport of passengers and cargo. Requires Federal Air Transport rating and certification in specific aircraft type used.
* Job Requirements*
* FAA ATP certified, Airplane Multiengine Land with English proficient endorsement required
* Minimum 1,500 total flight hours
* Minimum 1,000 fixed wing hours
* High school diploma or its equivalent
* Valid First Class Medical Certificate
* Valid FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
* Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
* Valid Passport
* Must be eligible to work in the United States; this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, such as an H-1B visa, by Hawaiian Airlines
* Must be able to obtain a Flight Crew Visa to all of Hawaiian Airlines’ destinations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to use sound judgement in decision making
* Able to work effectively within diverse teams
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure
* Must support Hawaiian Airlines’ mission: “/To grow a profitable airline with a passion for excellence, our customers, our people, and the spirit of Hawaii,/” with commitment, the aloha spirit, and Hawaiian hospitality
* Must support Hawaiian Airlines’ vision: “/To be the #1 destination carrier in the world/”
* Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire
* Preferred Qualifications*
* 1000 hours turbine as PIC (as defined by FAR Part 1)
* Turbojet/turbo prop experience in complex flying environments
* College degree
*DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 120 identifies identify this position as performing safety sensitive functions. Individuals will be required to undergo pre-employment testing in accordance with Federal Regulations to determine the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines, or a metabolite of those drugs in their system. A negative test result is required as a condition of employment.
* How to Apply*:
If you are interested in joining Hawaiian Airlines as a First Officer, you will need to:
1. Create a presence (if you have not applied with us before)
2. Complete the online application.
3. Upload your current resume to your application.
4. Optional: You may submit up to 4 letters of recommendation by uploading them to your application profile. Click “My Presence” on the job posting to add additional documents.
* Application Tips, Frequently asked Questions*
* If you have previously applied, interviewed or tested with Hawaiian Airlines for the First Officer position, you must apply for the position again.
* A link to a follow up questionnaire will be sent via email after you complete the initial application. *You must complete the questionnaire to be considered for the position.*
* The questionnaire system will not allow you to save part of your answers – you must complete and submit the assessment and application in its entirety. If you partially complete an application, you will need to complete the entire application again from the beginning.
* Some of the questions are essay-type questions and may require some time to think through your answers. If you feel that you’re not able to complete and submit the assessment in one setting, copy and paste the questions to a text editor like Word, Notepad (MS) or TextEdit (Mac).
* The system does not have a spell check feature.
Your online application *AND* submittal of your resume and any letters of recommendation must be uploaded to your application.
Mahalo for your interest in Hawaiian Airlines!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)