To conduct assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline Operational Manual and in compliance with the respective civil aviation authority related regulations. He/she must ensure ultimate safety, security, and efficiency are achieved throughout all operated flights; supports and guides the flight/cabin crew, handle emergencies and ad-hoc scenarios effectively, and takes control over the flight to ensure successful performance and positive corporate image
1. Flies the assigned aircraft from one destination to another in accordance with the given schedules and approved flight plans; carries his/her duties and acts as the ultimate responsible for the aircraft during the assigned flights taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority:
iii. Passenger comfort
2. Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Airline’s Operations Manual and regulations. At all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
3. Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assigned flights. Conducts pre- flight “Briefing” to ensure members are acknowledged with flight details; continuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
4. Liaises with co-pilots (First Officer and Second Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuring flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
5. Ensures, within the safety constraints as detailed in the relevant sections of the Airline’s Operations Manual, that the aircraft is flown so as to make most efficient and effective use of fuel during the flight.
6. Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by the Flight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action and directs the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities; decides on escalations if needed.
7. Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure its suitability to fly; seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defects or technical issues; implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
8. Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as per the Airline and civil aviation authority regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical logbook, journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
9. Ensures that the Airline Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up to date, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
10. Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as, civil aviation authority, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
11. Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by the line manager and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the Airline’s Operations Manual.
– Type Rated: He/she must have completed a minimum of 4000 hours of flying an aircraft, Airbus 320 is preferred.
– Non-Type rRated –
For NTR Captain, Min 4000 hours total flying experience and 2000 Hours as captain in commercial jets preferable – A220 or B737.
– Experience with low-cost airline is highly desirable.
– Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
– He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Airline and respective civil aviation authority regulations.
– Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
– Capable of implementing policies, procedures, and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
– Capable to perform in a changing environment with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
– Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with efficiency.
– Proven skills in analysing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
– Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
– High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
– Employs technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
– Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.