Pilot FW IP (B250) - 14550
PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
This is a permanent position based in San Jose, Costa Rica. Complete fixed wing aircraft B250 qualification training then deploy to San Jose, Costa Rica. Provide fixed wing maritime operational support for the Department of State INLA program in support of the Host Nation Nationalization Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Standardization oversight and guidance to the Host Nation IAW DoS INL/A's policies, procedures and the Aircrew Training Program.
- Conduct Host Nation pilot training and evaluations.
- Be familiarized with and utilize onboard sensor equipment as required.
- Train rated and nonrated crew members on sensor equipment as required.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, airport facilities, and navigation aids.
- Accomplish or supervise the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
- Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
- Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
- Responsible to conduct or assign the briefing of all passengers prior to each take-off.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility.
- Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Performs other aviation duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airman's Certificate Airplane (MEL).
- FAA CFI/CFII or military equivalent rating.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Successful completion of aircraft qualification course.
- FAA ATP rating
- Previous military FW flight training qualification or civilian equivalent.
- Prior military pilot and/or pilot on the DoS INL/A program.
- Qualification in the applicable aircraft B-200 or similar series aircraft
Skills and Experience Required
- 1,500 total fixed wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine multi engine time.
- Minimum 300 hours pilot-in-command time.
- Requires 300 hours instructor pilot or check pilot time.
- English Level Fluent Native.
- Spanish Level Fluent Native.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Core Competencies
1. Focus on Results Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals achieves targeted results with minimal supervision is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills Provides timely, well organized verbal and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships and collaboration with others including those different from him her deals tactfully with others assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning and Decision Making Develops strategic short and long term plans arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals and deadlines consults and collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative Innovation Generates new ideas personally encourage team to do the same stays up to date on technology and approaches to work provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers ability to work independently and coordinate work with others resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality and Safety Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough and efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement Examines personal and organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement analyzes successes and failures to learn and improve.
9. Training and Development Completes required and suggested training shows eagerness and capacity to learn receptive to coaching and feedback.
10. Integrity Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
11. Performance Management Sets clear expectations and direction for staff achieves team results consistently coaches staff to improve is a positive role model
12. Expense Management Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency demonstrates knowledge of financial process and results.
13. Leadership Builds commitment to team, company, mission and customer through effective and frequent communications promote an environment of trust fosters a respectful, energetic and positive work culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job : WASS OPERATIONS
Primary Location : Costa Rica
Schedule : Full-time
Overtime Status : ExemptAAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.