Title: Pilot FW DHC-8 MP WASS – Iraq
Job Number: 14403
This position is based in Iraq on a 90/30 rotation schedule. Complete fixed wing aircraft (DHC-8) qualification training then travel to Afghanistan. Provide fixed wing operational support for the Department of State INL/A program in support of the US Embassy, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
+ Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight,airport facilities and navigation aids.
+ Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
+ Performs operational checks, routine maintenance, and maintenance test flights to ensure the airworthiness of the fleet.
+ Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers.
+ Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
+ Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
+ Conduct the briefing of all passengers prior to each take-off or assigns duty to direct reports but retains responsibility.
+ Delegate functions to other direct reports but retains overall responsibility.
+ Performs routine travel within Afghanistan, elsewhere outside CONUS and also within the CONUS as required.
+ Performs other aviation duties as assigned.
+ High school diploma or GED.
+ FAA Commercial and Instrument Airman’s Certificate Airplane MEL.
+ FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
Experience, Licensing and Certification Requirements:
+ 1500 total fixed wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine multi-engine time.
+ 250 hours multi-engine pilot in command.
+ MP applicants require 50 hours of FW maintenance pilot time or prior designation as a military Functional Check Pilot/ Maintenance Test Pilot time.
+ Department of State (DoS) Secret security clearance required.
+ Current FAA Class II Medical certificate.
+ Unrestricted type rating is required and will be obtained before or incident to assignment.
+ Prior US Military FW flight training qualification or civilian equivalent.
+ Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating from the FAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
AAR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.